Admin Images won't import any files

I get this error message when I try to upload from my computer, regardless of the type of file I try: File info is incorrectly formatted!

I get this error when I try a url
Unfortunately there was an error importing your image.

I just upgraded to v. 2.8

It looks like there is a compatibility issue with Admin Images specifically and version 2.8.

Thanks for the quick reply - that’s what I was afraid of!

It is not quite the same but I did the line changes above anyway but I hit a problem I did not have with Admin Images before I migrated site and upgraded to 2.8. I try to upload a small .jpg file and hit “File info is incorrectly formatted”, I have tried to un-break this but nothing works,
ADMIN IMAGES ERROR

@Gillespie, I moved your post to this thread instead as it really described a different problem than the one where you first posted it.

That’s fine to move it. Is there a fix for this problem or do I downgrade the whole install of omeka?

I reported it to the plugin’s repository with a possible fix but I’m not sure how active it is anymore.

I believe the “Url” option for adding an image should also still work, so that could be a possible workaround as well.

That did NOT work for me. thanks.

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem as Gillespie. When I try to upload a file with Admin Images, I get the message “File info is incorrectly formatted!”. I am using Omeka 2.8. I would sincerely appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance!

Had this problem as well! For anyone looking for the solution, I edited the .PHP files for the AdminImages plugin using this Github fix:

and it is now working for me. :slight_smile:

Applied the fix, editing the .PHP files just as weaverfish1 did and it fixed it for me too. Running Omeka 3.0. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.