Add a field in _items

Hello

I wish add a field in the table _items. Do you know what is the function that insert datas in the table (INSERT INTO _items…) ?

Many thanks

Olivier

_items is a slightly odd presentation of the name of the items table, but I suppose it would come out that way if your db.ini prefix is configured as _.

The insert_item function is one way to add items, which will add an entry to that table, though there are also other ways.

Hello

I added a new field in MB_items table (my prefix is MB). The name of this field is GBH But when i create a new record (a new item) I have the message Mysqli prepare error: Champ ‘GBH’ unknow in field list
Where the other place i must declare this new field ?

Thanks

Olivier

Hmm I don’t think I noticed before that you wanted to add a field to the table (rather than just a new item to the table).

Modifying the core tables’ columns like this is generally a bad idea and not something we’d be able to offer support for. If you need to store more data, in a plugin for example, the typical way to do that would be to add a separate table for your plugin that references items by their IDs and then can have whatever additional columns you want.