Accessing Theme Config Info

This question overlaps Themes and Development.

Is there any way to get the data from the info section of the theme.ini file? I couldn’t find anything in the dev docs, but I might just be searching ineffectively.

My use case is that I’d like to put the theme version in its footer so we can see (provided I am manually keeping info=>version current) which git tag/release we’re using.

We don’t have any direct things like helpers to do this, as I don’t know that it’s really come up as a use case before.

Obviously, the data is there and you can get at it… an immediate option that comes to mind is that you could of course write a small module to provide a helper that reads metadata out from the current theme.

Sorry I missed your reply. Good to know. For this narrow and simple use case, I’m probably just as well off doing it manually. The consequences of getting it wrong are fairly low, and maybe we can build something into our CI process that handles it instead.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.