"500 Internal Server Error" when trying to log in to admin

Hi
We are using Omega Classic. We cannot access the Admin page anymore.
I get this Message:
" Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@theweightofthings.org to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at theweightofthings.org Port 80"

What to do?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Check your server’s Apache error log. It should contain a message indicating what the error is.

Hi thanks for answering.
Where would I find that?

Apache’s logs are typically located on the server at /var/log/apache or /var/log/httpd. You may also be able to ask your web host, if you have one, for help accessing the logs.

I found error Logs here:
/www_logs/websitename.org

they all say more or less the same:

[Mon Nov 30 14:33:59.668224 2020] [core:error] [pid 5608:tid 139852045608704] [client 5.188.62.191:61283] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use ‘LimitInternalRecursion’ to increase the limit if necessary. Use ‘LogLevel debug’ to get a backtrace., referer: http://theweightofthings.org/admin/

So, that indicates that there’s a redirect loop happening. Some sort of issue with mod_rewrite. Did you make other server changes or something like that at the time this error started happening?

Is it only the admin section that this is happening on? If you’ve done anything manual to the admin redirects, like trying to change the URL or something like that, I’d take a hard look at that as the culprit.

Oh I found the problem, somehoe the whole admin directory was deleted, could Restore it from the backup! Thank you for the help.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.