Zend cache exemption

I’m trying to install Omeka classic on my server. I get this error message at step six on these instructions https://omeka.org/classic/docs/Installation/Installation/

I have modified the db.ini file; the .htaccess file is uploaded. (Under " your installation was unsuccessful" two .htaccess files are mentioned, but I’ve read this over several times, and only one is mentioned that I can see). I’ve deleted the entire install and started over again. I know enough to be dangerous, but I have no idea what this error message means!

thanks for any help–
Derrick

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Cache_Exception’ with message ‘Could not determine temp directory, please specify a cache_dir manually’ in /home/ . . . [addresses deleted]

This means we can’t figure out where the temporary directory on your system is. Usually it’s just /tmp… you might have an issue with permissions allowing Omeka to write there or something similar.

My global php.ini file has permissions set at permissions for this are set at 755. It names this path for the tmp files:
session.save_path = /tmp and the zend extension in the file shows this: zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube.so

I don’t see a /tmp folder whose permissions I can change, even though I am seeing hidden files including .htaccess. I’m still confused–thanks for any help.

I have exactly the same problem. I understand that I have to change the path to the correct tmp folder, but I don’t understand exactly which line of which file I have to modify, nor how exactly to modify it (what to write).
Thanks for help.