When I try to install UniversalViewer into Omeka (which is up to date) I get the following error:

“At least one graphic processor (GD or ImageMagick) is required to use the UniversalViewer.”

Any ideas? I know ImageMagick is installed and when I test the path it works.

You need php-gd or php-imagick installed on the server. What is your server?

I have ImageMagick installed. Below is a screen shot of the path working correctly. I also do have thumbnails being created of every file I upload as well.

The plugin don’t use the command line “convert” from ImageMagick, but the php modules GD and/or Imagick.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you are referring to.

What is the OS you use ?

On Debian, you should install https://packages.debian.org/sid/php-gd or https://packages.debian.org/sid/php-imagick.

CentOS is what we use on our servers. I don’t have anything to do with the server, but just have access to our omeka install.

The UniversalViewer plugin doesn’t work with the command-line convert ImageMagick setup that Omeka uses by default. Instead it relies on one of two PHP extensions, gd or imagick. The imagick extension isn’t the same as the ImageMagick command line; it provides functionality as PHP functions and classes (Omeka can optionally use imagick instead of the command line as well).

What extensions you have and how you install them differ from distribution to distribution, but many have a system where the “standard” extensions are split into separate packages so you can choose which are installed. gd is one of these “standard” extensions, and CentOS has a php-gd package for installing it. You’d have to ask whoever’s responsible for your server to do install that for you.

On the other hand, imagick is less standard, and there’s no CentOS package for it that I’m aware of. The server admin would have to either add a package repository including such a package or use PHP’s pecl command to build the extension locally (which would require installing various source or “devel” packages).

Ah… Ok. I will see if I can get them to install gd. I appreciate the help. Hopefully this fixes the error because it looks like a really cool plugin to use.

Thank you again.

On CentOS, you have the packages php-gd and php-pecl-imagick.