ValueSuggest doesn't work with Omeka S 3.1.0

I have upgraded the Omeka S version of my site from 3.0.2 to 3.1.0.

But I notice that the ValueSuggest module does not work anymore. I left the 1.8.1 version of the module working with Omeka S 3.0.2, then I installed the latest version of the module, 1.9.0. But the problem remains.

I did not change the resource template used and tried with the vocabularies I was referring to (IdRef, PACTOLS, GeoNames,…). For some, I see that the search is performed, but without results (GeoNames, IdRef), while for PACTOLS, it does not seem to perform a search. I’d like to take this opportunity to point out that autosuggestion has never worked with IdRef

I don’t know if there is a connection, but when I go to Site Management, and click on Resources, I get the following error:

Laminas\ServiceManager\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException
A plugin by the name “formQuery” was not found in the plugin manager Laminas\View\HelperPluginManager

Détails :
Laminas\ServiceManager\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException: A plugin by the name “formQuery” was not found in the plugin manager Laminas\View\HelperPluginManager in /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-servicemanager/src/AbstractPluginManager.php:143

Stack trace:
#0 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(375): Laminas\ServiceManager\AbstractPluginManager->get(‘formQuery’, NULL)
#1 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-form/src/View/Helper/FormElement.php(175): Laminas\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->plugin(‘formQuery’)
#2 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-form/src/View/Helper/FormElement.php(189): Laminas\Form\View\Helper\FormElement->renderHelper(‘formQuery’, Object(Omeka\Form\Element\Query))
#3 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-form/src/View/Helper/FormElement.php(110): Laminas\Form\View\Helper\FormElement->renderInstance(Object(Omeka\Form\Element\Query))
#4 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-form/src/View/Helper/FormElement.php(90): Laminas\Form\View\Helper\FormElement->render(Object(Omeka\Form\Element\Query))
#5 [internal function]: Laminas\Form\View\Helper\FormElement->__invoke(Object(Omeka\Form\Element\Query))
#6 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(396): call_user_func_array(Object(Laminas\Form\View\Helper\FormElement), Array)
#7 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/application/view/common/form-row.phtml(26): Laminas\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->__call(‘formElement’, Array)
#8 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(505): include(’/applis/omekas/…’)
#9 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-form/src/View/Helper/FormRow.php(165): Laminas\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->render(NULL, NULL)
#10 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-form/src/View/Helper/FormRow.php(116): Laminas\Form\View\Helper\FormRow->render(Object(Omeka\Form\Element\Query), ‘prepend’)
#11 [internal function]: Laminas\Form\View\Helper\FormRow->__invoke(Object(Omeka\Form\Element\Query))
#12 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(396): call_user_func_array(Object(Laminas\Form\View\Helper\FormRow), Array)
#13 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/application/view/omeka/site-admin/index/resources.phtml(50): Laminas\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->__call(‘formRow’, Array)
#14 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(505): include(’/applis/omekas/…’)
#15 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-view/src/View.php(206): Laminas\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->render(NULL)
#16 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-view/src/View.php(235): Laminas\View\View->render(Object(Laminas\View\Model\ViewModel))
#17 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-view/src/View.php(199): Laminas\View\View->renderChildren(Object(Laminas\View\Model\ViewModel))
#18 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/View/Http/DefaultRenderingStrategy.php(104): Laminas\View\View->render(Object(Laminas\View\Model\ViewModel))
#19 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\View\Http\DefaultRenderingStrategy->render(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#20 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(170): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#21 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(366): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEvent(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#22 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(347): Laminas\Mvc\Application->completeRequest(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#23 /applis/omekas/home/www/omeka-s/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run()
#24 {main}

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thank you in advance

That ServiceNotFoundException error suggests that your upgrade to Omeka S 3.1.0 was not successful. The formQuery service was newly introduced in that version. Are you certain you’ve upgraded? At the bottom of each administrative page is a link to your system information. What version does that say is installed?

As for ValueSuggest, I can’t reproduce the errors. IdRef, PACTOLS, and GeoNames work for me. Open up your browser’s debugger and see if there are any client errors when attempting to fetch suggestions.

The configuration was incomplete because I had forgotten to modify the indication of the adapter used (Proxy).

Now ValueSuggest works, even for IdRef.

But I still get the same error when I go to Site Management, and click on Resources.

And the installation is correct since it displays version 3.1.0 when I display the system information.

Could you have overwritten the new version’s module.config.php file with your previous version’s file?

As mentioned in the Omeka S User Manual, I made a copy of the /config directory of version 3.0.2 which I restored after installing V3.1.0.

But indeed I did the same for the /application/config/module.config.php file. And by making a differential between the two versions of this file, I could see the evolutions, in particular concerning the formQuery service.

By restoring the original V3.1.0 file, the problem is solved.

So, when upgrading the version of Omeka S, any changes made to this file in the previous version must be carried over manually.

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.