V. 2.0.2 install

Server: RedHat 7.7;
PHP: 7.4.0RC2;
Apache: 2.4.6

Following the instructions here: https://omeka.org/s/docs/user-manual/install/ I have not been able to get Omeka-S 2.0.2 up and running. I initially wanted to just upgrade my 1.4 site to 2.0.2, but when that failed, I tried a fresh install, downloading the zip file, unzipping it, updating my database.ini file, and restarting Apache, but all I get is a 404 page and the URL changes to /maintenance. I did make sure my files directory is writable by my Apache user. Nothing is currently being logged other than access attempts. Frustrating…

You’re getting an Apache white screen “Not Found” error?

That’s almost always a sign that your issue is with the mod_rewrite setup, like a missing .htaccess file or something similar.

yes, it is blank. There is no .htaccess in the install so what should it be?

The ZIP file you downloaded should have included an .htaccess file at the top level, directly under the “omeka-s” folder.

not from GitHub. Let me try re-downloading it again and see if there is anything different.

Just so we’re on the same page, the zip file I’m referring to is the one linked from our download page. That’s also on Github, but Github has many very similar-looking “download ZIP” buttons and links that will get you things that are subtly different.

Yep, you were right. Once I downloaded from the official Omeka site, I was able to see the .htaccess file. Now we are back in business. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!