URL change problem

Hello,

So we have two servers named:
one.serverDOTcom
two.serverDOTcom

Our Omeka S instance is installed on two.exampleDOTcom but we would like to use the URL from server one which is our library’s home page.

For example when we type in the address bar:
one.serverDOTcom/exhibits

We want the browser to go to two.serverDOTcom which is our Omeka S server but we want the name in the address bar to still show what the user typed which would be one.serverDOTcom/exhibits.

I hope this makes sense.

As our setup stands I have used the 000-default.conf file on server one to create rewrites to server two
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule /(exhibits)$ /$1/ [R=301]
RewriteRule /exhibits(.*) http://one.server.com/s/welcome/page/home/$1 [P]

and this seems to partially be working but when we type one.serverDOTcom and press enter it takes us to our Omeka S instance but in the URL it reads two.serverDOTcom /s/welcome/page/home instead of one.serverDOTcom. We would like the URL to keep reading as one.serverDOTcom/exhibits/…etc

Can you please help?

Also, if you can please let me know what the name of this process is. Do I want to mask the URL, redirect, rename? Please let me know if this procedure has a name.

Thank you,

mlongoria1

PS sorry for all the “DOT” remarks. The forum will not allow me to add more than 2 links in a post because I am new to it.

Well it’s been a while, but does anyone have any information at all on this topic?

Thank you,

mlongoria1

This is not a topic specific to Omeka, but to Apache. So I can’t answer, but you may find help on a specialized forum on Apache, or on a generic forum like Stackoverflow.

Thank you for your response and your clear and to the point explanation.