Updgrading to Omeka 2.6.1 Exhibit builder breaks

Good morning,

I’ve been looking through the forums for some assistance and reading the guides for upgrading to see if I can find a solution to my problem but I’m not finding anything so let me explain.

Recently, we rolled out an update to Omeka Classic on our server to version 2.6.1, complete with the new Exhibit Builder plugin and the two other bundled plugins. Going through the upgrade process went smoothly - we copied over the necessary files for the Exhibit, made sure we had all the right plugins again, and we were able to access the Exhibits on the Admin Dashboard to make the changes (we encountered the bug that wouldn’t allow us to edit the exhibit items after they had been created, necessitating the upgrade).

Post upgrade to 2.6.1 on the public end, the Exhibit links return the error “Omeka has encountered an error” but doesn’t list any describing details.

After reading through the details of the upgrade process, it looked like there should’ve been a screen that prompted us to upgrade the exhibit database but it also states that if it didn’t everything should be good to go. I’m not sure how to diagnose this particular issue, as I wasn’t involved in the installation and initial setup.

Thank you for your help.

Can you clarify which versions you were upgrading from? Both Omeka Classic and Exhibit Builder?

Exhibit Builder was 3.4 to 3.4.1
Omeka classic is version 2.6 to 2.6.1

And on the admin/plugins page, the Exhibit Builder plugin just displays the normal options for Configure, Deactivate, Uninstall?

What message do you see if you turn on error reporting?

Yes that’s correct, the options for the Exhibit Builder plugin just display the three options you mentioned.

I will have to check and see the error that shows up from the error reporting - will it display that on the webpage or will it log it in a file on our install directory?

If you set the environment to develop, the error will show up on the page.

I spoke with my supervisor about going through the upgrade process again and we’re deciding to hold off on the upgrade (again) since we’re focusing on another project right now.

When I have the error code that the system generates, I will create a new thread to post the error to and hopefully get some help implementing the fix.

Thank you for your attention and assistance with this for now.