Universal Viewer is not showing images

I have installed Universal Viewer but the plguin doesn´t show any image, the images are public and i have tried to uninstall it and install it again but ocurried the same problem, i have change the place where universal viewer appear in the screen but that.s not the problem cause befor of that doesn´t work neither. If someone have any suggest please tell me. Thanks. The web is www.20centuryphoto.com.

Could you display the errors? (set SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development in the file .htaccess).

Sorry i can´t find the file htaccess. In the web de UNiversal viewer doesn´t show any error is just black with no images.

You might need to turn on show hidden files in your ftp client in order to see .htaccess (in terminal/the command line, try ls --all)

The file is at the root of your Omeka installation.

Ok thanks Daniel and mebrett, I found the file, this what ht.access say

Omeka .htaccess: Apache configuration file
This file is required for Omeka to function correctly.

Error Reporting

Uncomment the SetEnv line below to turn on detailed on-screen error
reporting.
Note: This should only be enabled for development or debugging. Keep this
line commented for production sites.

SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development

Rewrite Rules

RewriteEngine on
If you know mod_rewrite is enabled, but you are still getting mod_rewrite
errors, uncomment the line below and replace “/” with your base directory.

RewriteBase /
Allow direct access to files (except PHP files)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteRule !.(php[0-9]?|phtml|phps)$ - [C]
RewriteRule .* - [L]
RewriteRule ^install/.$ install/install.php [L]
RewriteRule ^admin/.
$ admin/index.php [L]
RewriteRule .* index.php

Access Control

Block access to all .ini files.
<FilesMatch “.ini$”>

Require all denied

<IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from all

Caching

Uncomment the lines below in order to enable caching of some files
(after a finished site has gone live)

<FilesMatch “.(js|ico|gif|jpg|png|css)$”>
ExpiresActive on
ExpiresDefault “access plus 10 day”

PHP Settings

php_flag register_globals off php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off

You have to keep this file in place, just remove the “;” before SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development, this allows to log errors in the file application/logs/errors.log and to display them.

Sorry Daniel, but i didn´t find “;” before SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV" I have tried to remove all that line and see the file application/logs/erros.log but that file is empty, i guest is cause i´m not doing well.

Open this file with a simple text editor (for example notepad++ or jedit, etc.) and check that the file application/logs/errors.log is writeable.

ok im working with notepad, the file is writeble

In fact, this is a “#”, not a “;”. The start of the file should look like:

# Omeka .htaccess: Apache configuration file
# This file is required for Omeka to function correctly.

# --------------- #
# Error Reporting #
# --------------- #

# Uncomment the SetEnv line below to turn on detailed on-screen error
# reporting.
#
# Note: This should only be enabled for development or debugging. Keep this
# line commented for production sites.
#
SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development

And the errors.log file should be writeable by the server, not only by you.

Ok, i have done and remove the “#”, so now the errors of UNiversal viewer should be display in the erros file, i understand well?

This is a bug, I just fixed it. You can download the plugin here with the green button : https://github.com/Daniel-KM/UniversalViewer4Omeka. Unzip and rename the folder UniversalViewer.

Or directly on Omeka.org (https://omeka.org/add-ons/plugins/universal-viewer), I just updated it too and the folder is already renamed inside the zip.

I have download the first one i uploaded to the server, is not showing the image in the web Could be cause the images were uploaded before this last UniversalViewer? I will try adding a new image.

This is a second bug. This is part of the code that is not often used and it seems you don’t have the libraries gd and imagick. I’m fixing it. Do you use the option “Auto” in the config of the plugin?

Before that i used the three options in the config, now is in Imagemagick command line

I fixed the second bug, you can download it from github.

I have tried Automatic, GD, and command line but is not working with anyone