Universal Viewer Error with Omeka-s

Folks - I have installed a fresh copy of Omeka S and with the dspace module have imported a bunch of images from our dspace server. I have also installed the universal viewer module and it shows up on the bottom of an item page, but only the little spinner shows. Inspecting the page reveals the error, “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)” and the 404 pages says, "

Reason: error-router-no-match

".
omeka_s_uv_error

Near as I can tell I installed everything as it should be. What did I miss?

Have you installed IIIF Server module? It is required to make UniversalViewer working.

Yes - that is installed as well.

Can you give us which URL is not found, please?

Here is the URL no found
:
http://192.168.1.101/modules/UniversalViewer/asset/vendor/uv/m37_0496

Hum… strange. I don’t know why it try to get this URL.

Please create an item with a simple image and visit http://192.168.1.101/item/<item-id>/play to test UV.

You can also enable error logging to view a potential exception.

I get the same error - here is what’s in the application.log file:

2018-08-10T17:33:01+00:00 ERR (3): Omeka\Api\Exception\NotFoundException: Omeka\Entity\Item entity with criteria {"id":"1"} not found in /var/www/html/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractEntityAdapter.php:631
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractEntityAdapter.php(347): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractEntityAdapter->findEntity(Array, Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
#1 /var/www/html/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Manager.php(230): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractEntityAdapter->read(Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
#2 /var/www/html/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Manager.php(115): Omeka\Api\Manager->execute(Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
#3 /var/www/html/omeka-s/application/src/Mvc/Controller/Plugin/Api.php(136): Omeka\Api\Manager->read('items', '1', Array, Array)
#4 /var/www/html/omeka-s/modules/UniversalViewer/src/Controller/PlayerController.php(73): Omeka\Mvc\Controller\Plugin\Api->read('items', '1')
#5 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(78): UniversalViewer\Controller\PlayerController->playAction()
#6 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#7 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#8 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(106): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#9 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(138): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response))
#10 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#11 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#12 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(332): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#13 /var/www/html/omeka-s/index.php(21): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()
#14 {main}

FWIW - I am running Ubuntu 18.04

This is what http://192.168.1.101/item/<item-id>/play looks like:

The error you’ve published is because you have clicked on my link which gets Item #1 which doesn’t exist. Have you an error in your logs for a really existing item?

At home, on item//play, my browser console logs 4 GET requests:

• /iiif/18558/manifest
  • /modules/UniversalViewer/asset/universal-viewer/config.json?v=3.5.7
  • /modules/UniversalViewer/asset/vendor/uv/lib/uv-seadragon-extension.en-GB.config.json
  • /iiif-img/18574/info.json

All are well received (HTTP 200 response). Can you confirm you well get these files too? If so, can you give us the /iiif-img/<item ID>/info.json file content, please?

Also, if you disable UniversalViewer, are your medias viewable from the media page?