Unable to add a Collection

My site is at http://recollectionsks.org and I’m having trouble creating a new collection. When I try, the error below is all I get:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Field ‘FrontPage’ doesn’t have a default value in /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array) #1 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(80): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(‘INSERT INTO `om…’, Array) #3 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(257): Omeka_Db->__call(‘query’, Array) #4 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(541): Omeka_Db->insert(‘omeka_collectio…’, Array) #5 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(188): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->save(false) #6 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/controllers/CollectionsController.php(42): Omeka_Controller_AbstractActionController->addAction() #7 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): CollectionsController->addAction() #8 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘addAction’) #9 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #10 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #11 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run() #12 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run() #13 /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run() #14 {main}

I’m not sure where the Frontpage field is coming from? Anybody else have this issue or have any idea where I should look to fix it? Thanks!!

What plugins do you have installed and active?

Collection Tree
CsvImport
Dropbox
Exhibit Builder
Geolocation
Hide Elements
Item Relations
OAI-PMH Repository

I did just notice that my CSV importer plugin had an update ready and updated it, but that didn’t change the error.

The reason for the question about plugins is that the error you’re getting talks about a column “FrontPage” which to my knowledge isn’t present in any Omeka tables, nor in any of the tables created by the plugins you’ve mentioned here.

Did you or someone else modify the database to add that column, possibly?

Not that I know of - I haven’t and we haven’t done any modifying to the code/database since we first paid for the Collection Tree plugin to be written for us… I can check the database and see where that column is, though!

And I found it in the first table - collections. It’s a 4 char long tinyint, so I’m wondering if it was part of the original Collection Tree plugin that has gone away since? Looking at the data in the table, the value of that column is either 0 or 1.

Deleting the column from the database did the trick - I can now add new collections to the site. Thanks for confirming that wasn’t a standard column… I’m nearly sure that this was a holdover from when we were creating the Collection Tree plugin and testing possible functions… :wink: Thanks!!