Thumnbails added manually : not available in 3 formats + name

Hello,

for a movie collection in Omeka S, we have around a thousand thumbnails added manually. Unlike the thumbnails created automatically by Omeka S, these are not in three sizes in the folders files/original; files/square and files/medium, but only in on size in the folder files/asset.
Moreover, unlike the other thumbnails, these do not have a name derived from the media file (e.g. 00037-cc-76.mp4 > 00037-cc-76.jpg) but a name created by Omeka S (eg : 006a2ba7ba0b5fae4ba50c7450b2210afec34498.png).

How can I create the manually deposited thumbnails in 3 formats in the original, square and medium files folders, and can I rename them (or use the Archive Repertory module) so that they keep their name when imported ? How can I make the manually deposited thumbnails available in 3 formats in the original, square and medium files folders, and can I rename them (or use the Archive Repertory module) so that they keep their name when imported? (This is for OAI PMH purposes)

Thank you,
Emeline

1 Like

Manually uploaded thumbnails are purposely left unchanged: part of their purpose is for usage for people who have particular requirements in shape and size for their thumbnails and so prefer to load them directly.

Since you mentioned it and that your “normal” files keep their names, I suppose you’re using Archive Repertory? The default for Omeka S is that all uploaded files get renamed. What’s happening here I guess is just that Archive Repertory doesn’t support “assets.”

Hello John, indeed we’re using Archive Repertory. I asked Daniel Berthereau about the “assets”, and he confirmed that Archive Repertory doesn’t support asset files.
Thank you both for the help !

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.