Thesaurus hierarchy

I would like to use a thesaurus inside Omeka Classic. More precisely, it is a French thesaurus about objects (http://data.culture.fr/thesaurus/page/ark:/67717/T69).

I have two (related) issues:

1. How can I visualize the hierarchy (example below) of the thesaurus inside Omeka Classic?
  • instrument pédagogique ou scientifique
    • instrument d’observation
      • instrument détecteur d’ondes électromagnétiques
      • lunette optique
        • longue-vue
        • lunette astronomique

Let’s says I have an item describing a “lunette astronomique” (so the more precise level). Should we say manually that this item is also a “lunette optique”, “instrument d’observation” and “instrument pédagogique ou scientifique”. If we do this, these four metadata are on the same level inside Omeka which is a problem.

The only solution that I could think of is to use the reference plugin with the tree view to reproduce the thesaurus hierarchy inside a page. But when visiting a item, there is still no hierarchy between thesaurus level.

1. Linked to 1., what is the best way to enter the thesaurus information?

• If I simply enter the last (more precise) level inside a meta, I lost higher levels information. One solution could be to enter the most precise level and have automatically the higher level created for this item. Is anyone aware of a plugin doing something similar?

• I am aware of plugins LC suggest and Gettysuggest. To my knowledge, it is not possible to import my thesaurus (available in RDF/XML, Notation3 and Turtle format) inside one of these plugin to have autocompletion (correct me if I’m wrong). I can convert it to a simple text list and use if with Simple Vocab but big lists are not practical.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.