Some PDF thumbnails generating incorrectly

I did a wget to download the tar file to usr/bin, then yum install there (meaning that there’s a folder of ghostscript-9.25 files there) perhaps that was the first mistake? When I then run the build at command it nests gs under ghostscript-9.25/bin. Does that make sense?

EDIT: This is probably the point at which I should say that I don’t usually build anything at command line, I normally do everything through a plesk panel.

So it sounds like you are doing the install from source… You might be okay actually. The ghostscript-9.25 folder you untar’d generally wouldn’t go in /usr/bin. The typical place would be /usr/src but it can really be anywhere.

If you’ve run the commands in that document, you should have actually installed some gs commands including gs itself under /usr/local/bin. Do you see those there? If they’re there, you could move the ghostscript-9.25 folder somewhere else like /usr/src or delete it.

In terms of delegates.xml, you’d be replacing gs with /usr/local/bin/gs (assuming that’s the location you installed it to).

Yes, I definitely see the gs in there. Just did what you said and that worked - edited the delegates.xml file to point to the correct location of gs now. Thanks a million. I only have to re-upload about a half dozen PDFs, so that’s no big deal.