SolrSearch Plugin Configuration

Hi all…I’m trying out the SolrSearch plugin. when I try the simple search, I got the following

error:Apache_Solr_ParserException
Solr response does not appear to be valid JSON, please examine the raw response with getRawResponse() method

exception ‘Apache_Solr_ParserException’ with message ‘Solr response does not appear to be valid JSON, please examine the raw response with getRawResponse() method’ in /Library/WebServer/Documents/omeka241/plugins/SolrSearch/lib/solr-php-client/Response.php:206
Stack trace:
#0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/omeka241/plugins/SolrSearch/lib/solr-php-client/Response.php(164): Apache_Solr_Response->_parseData()
#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/omeka241/plugins/SolrSearch/controllers/ResultsController.php(70): Apache_Solr_Response->__get(‘response’)
#2 /Library/WebServer/Documents/omeka241/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): SolrSearch_ResultsController->indexAction()
#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/omeka241/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘indexAction’)
#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/omeka241/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#5 /Library/WebServer/Documents/omeka241/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#6 /Library/WebServer/Documents/omeka241/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#7 /Library/WebServer/Documents/omeka241/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/omeka241/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run()
#9 {main}

Many things can go wrong here, I just don’t know where to start.

I have solr installed and start no problem.
I might have some configuration problem for the plugin – not sure.
Here is my configuration (SolrSearch Server configuration):

Server Host : localhost:8983/solr/#
Server Port : 8983
Core Url : /usr/local/solr-6.1.0/solr-core/omeka (I’m not sure this is correct)

With that configuration I got “Solr connection valid”

I have very little experience with solr how it exactly works. Any pointers/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Melania

1. Try /solr-core/omeka for your Core Url
  2. I think that SolrSearch plugin is compatible with 4.x versions of solr.