Site not loading and Session Error after PHP 7.2 Upgrade

My host recently upgrading to PHP 7.2, and now my site is broken, with the attached

. Looks like my only option is to pull everything down from the FTP, export the DB and install fresh (I need to do the latest Omeka upgrade anyway), but do I need to work off a host running 7.1, or will the newest version of Omeka work with 7.2? I can’t seem to find clear documentation either way. Thanks!

Omeka 2.6 and forward support PHP 7.2. (This gets a mention in the 2.6 release notes).

Thanks, I’ll start working through the upgrade. Any ideas on how I can deactivate plugins without being able to access the backend? Or do I just go through the upgrade since I don’t really have much of a choice?

You should be fine to go ahead without deactivating plugins. Basically that instruction is there because if you move enough versions up at once, your old plugins could be incompatible and stop the site from loading. This isn’t as much of a problem now as it was, say, when moving from Omeka 1.x to 2.x.

Thanks, all working!

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.