Shortcode Carousel Set Up Help

Can someone show me how to set up “Shortcode Carousel”? I’ve used it before, but it was a long time ago and I don’t exactly remember how I did it. I need it for a collection of photos I have of engraved panels from a monument.

Hi there,
Once you have the Shortcode Carousel plugin installed, then you just use the codes.
Here are a few resources that may be of help.

The thing is I don’t even know how to do that. I just downloaded it off of Omeka, but now I don’t know what to do with the files? How do I get it to download onto my Omeka site?

You need to upload the plugin to the “plugins” folder of your installation on your server.

Here is a link to the documentation, which also includes a screencast: https://omeka.org/classic/docs/Admin/Adding_and_Managing_Plugins/#installing-a-plugin

1 Like

This is great! Thanks!

Ok, never mind, not great. What the heck is an FTP Client? And how do I create one on Windows 10?

A FTP Client is a type of software that you install on your computer that allows you to upload / transfer files to your website. A few examples of that kind of software include Filezilla, CuteFTP, WinSCP, etc.

Your hosting provider may also provide some kind of file transfer solution or guidance on how to upload files to your Omeka installation.

How did you install your Omeka installation?

~ Robin

I didn’t install it. Well sort of…I had BlueHost install it for me. So I have all of the Omeka files on my PC, I just have no idea how they got there lol.

Take a look for Blue Host’s File Manager. If you have that, you can use it to transfer files. If you find File Manager, open it, and find your Omeka folder (the folder may be named something other than Omeka). Once you find your Omeka folder, you’ll look for the plugins folder.

Then follow what Sharon shared above about installing a plugin.

~Robin

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.