Scripto project sync

I’ve tried all four combinations for

'cli' => [
    'execute_strategy' => 'proc_open' || 'exec',
    'phpcli_path' => '/usr/bin/php' || null,

and got the value ‘phpcli_path’ from “$ which php”.

Still I don’t get any syncing done. Any ideas?

Gunnar Eriksson

What does the “Jobs” section of your admin look like? Statuses there showing errors? “Starting”?

All my attempts are ‘Completed’ and have resulted in a response like this:

#### Status
Completed
#### Started
May 21, 2021 at 1:30:49 PM GMT+2
#### Ended
May 21, 2021 at 1:30:49 PM GMT+2
#### Class
Scripto\Job\SyncProject
#### Owner
gunnar.eriksson@isof.se
#### Args
{ "scripto_project_id": "2" }
#### Log
[no log]

Maybe I also should point out that the material I try to sync into Scripto is audio files. I’ve tried both .mp3 and .wav.

There’s appears to be nothing wrong with your CLI configuration, so it must be something else. Syncing typically takes longer than under a second, unless there’s nothing to sync. Check that your configured item set contains items. Also check if those items have media of your specified media type (if you’ve specified a media type).

Hmm, the item set looks ok and the media format matches the file types …

BTW: what’s the difference between the two ‘execute_strategy’ options?

And would enabling general logging perhaps give me better information for debugging this?

After syncing, your project still contains no items?

PHP’s proc_open() and exec() both execute an external program, but they do it in different ways. Some servers disable exec so we provide proc_open as an alternative.

Yes, you may find additional errors if you enable logging.

Correct, still no items after sync.

And no additional info in logs/application.log after enabling logging and new sync attempt.

So your item set has items and the sync process successfully completes, but your Scripto project still has no items. How many items does your item set contain? If it contains quite a lot I suppose there’s a chance the process is reaching some memory limit. But if that’s the case I would expect an obvious failure.

In the toy item set I’ve used so far, it’s three items with one media file each …

Still no success in this matter … Do you find anything remarkable in the system setup?

System information

Omeka S
Version 3.0.1
PHP
Version 7.2.24
SAPI fpm-fcgi
Memory Limit 2048M
POST Size Limit 128M
File Upload Limit 128M
Garbage Collection Yes
Extensions bz2, calendar, cgi-fcgi, Core, ctype, curl, date, dom, exif, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, hash, iconv, intl, json, libxml, mbstring, mysqli, mysqlnd, openssl, pcre, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, Phar, Reflection, session, SimpleXML, sockets, SPL, sqlite3, standard, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zlib
MySQL
Server Version 5.5.5-10.3.27-MariaDB-log
Client Version mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $
Mode STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO, NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER, NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
OS
Version Linux 4.18.0-240.22.1.el8_3.x86_64 x86_64

mediawiki:

Product Version
MediaWiki 1.31.14
PHP 7.2.24 (fpm-fcgi)
MariaDB 10.3.27-MariaDB-log
ICU 60.3

Entry point URLs

Entry point URL
Article path /index.php?title=$1
Script path /
index.php /index.php
api.php /api.php
load.php /load.php

Hmmm… you say you’re trying to do this with audio: it was mentioned before but, do you have the Scripto media type filter set up for your project to allow those file types? Or do you just have “media types” as blank (which should also be fine)?

I have tried both. I also tried a set of a couple of items with one or more mpeg images, w and w/o media filter and still no success …

Can you share some screenshots? Like, the item set you’re trying to use, the Scripto project configuration, the view of no Scripto items? Maybe we’ll see something there.

If you’re getting all “success” jobs, I’m leaning toward the problem being somehow of the Scripto configuration rather than anything really “failing.”

OK, so I think it’s just a misunderstanding about how item sets work.

You don’t actually have any items in your set you showed there (see the “Items: 0” on the right side). Instead you have set 3 items as values of the description property. What items are in a set is totally separate from how the set is described with the metadata there.

If you go to edit those items, you’ll see they have an “Item sets” tab of the edit form: that’s how you put an item into a set.

Ahh!!! Sorry to have bothered you! I’ll try again …

After some restructuring of both item sets and items everything seems to work. Thank you!