Scripto Error message unable to access item pages

Getting the below error message. I am currently un able to access item pages.
[12-Mar-2020 17:38:34 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(Scripto.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto/Document.php on line 11
[12-Mar-2020 17:38:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘Scripto.php’ (include_path=’/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/models:.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/SimplePages/models:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/BulkMetadataEditor/libraries:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/DerivativeImages/models:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/DublinCoreExtended/models:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/PdfText/models:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/Dropbox/models:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/FacetByMetadata/libraries:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/CsvImportPlus/models:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/CsvImportPlus/libraries:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/Reports/models:/home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/ElementTypes/models’) in /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto/Document.php on line 11

So, this error is saying that a file “Scripto.php” can’t be loaded. Do you have a file at the path “plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto.php”? That’s what it’s trying and failing to load.

That file is there. /projects/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto.php

I just do not know why it would be failing to load

What’s strange about the error message is that there’s this big list of paths that are being searched for that file… not included in that list is Scripto. Is the Scripto plugin active?

Yes the plugin is active

Okay, so then the likely issues would be something like permissions, or maybe PHP’s “safe mode” if you’re using that… Are there any messages in your PHP (not Omeka) error log?

Basically, whenever a plugin is active and its “libraries” folder exists, Omeka will add it to that big include_path mentioned in your error message. Since Scripto seems to be missing there, for some reason it’s not picking up that folder as existing (…but at the same time it’s clearly somewhat working because it’s code in a Scripto file that’s causing the error).

If you haven’t made changes to the Scripto plugin code, just deleting (or moving off to some other location) the Scripto files and reinstalling them might be worth trying (note, don’t uninstall the plugin from the Omeka interface, just replace the plugin’s files).

Tried replacing the file, nothing changed.

There are no messages in the PHP error log. I am also no longer getting the above message in the error log but I am still unable to get to the item pages. http://digitalmaine.net/projects/items/show/1531

Doing more investigation I think this is theme issue, as when I change themes I do not get the error.

With the error for item pages, can you either turn on error messages or let us know what’s in the log?

It will not let me turn on error message, I get [Fri Mar 13 15:02:25.535925 2020] [core:alert] [pid 10390:tid 47806994802432] [client 46.229.168.137:11474] /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/.htaccess: Invalid command ‘SetEnv’, perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

in the logs, and a 500 internal server error. What log would you like me to send to you?

Try this thing: https://omeka.org/classic/docs/Troubleshooting/Retrieving_Error_Messages/#activate-error-logging

Wonder if this fix would work?

Here is what got logged:
2020-03-13T18:12:34+00:00 ERR (3): Scripto_Adapter_Exception: The provided adapter method “getPageTranscriptionStatus” does not exist. in /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto.php:101
Stack trace:
#0 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/themes/Scribe1/items/show.php(31): Scripto->__call(‘getPageTranscri…’, Array)
#1 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(114): include(’/home/digitalma…’)
#2 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run(’/home/digitalma…’)
#3 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(912): Zend_View_Abstract->render(NULL)
#4 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(933): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript(‘items/show.php’, NULL)
#5 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(972): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render()
#6 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(277): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch()
#7 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(527): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch()
#8 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘showAction’)
#9 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#10 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#11 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#12 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#13 /home/digitalmaine/public_html/projects/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run()
#14 {main}

This looks like it’s a mismatch between what the Scribe theme requires and the version of Scripto you have installed. I believe Scribe requires a fork of Scripto?

We just upgraded from Scripto 2.3 to 2.4, and are having similar difficulties when accessing item pages (see error below). I bumped our version back to 2.3 to see if that would restore the ability to access items, but that didn’t seem to help (we are now back at 2.4). Not sure how to proceed.

Omeka has encountered an error

Scripto_Adapter_Exception

The provided adapter method “getPageTranscriptionStatus” does not exist.

Scripto_Adapter_Exception: The provided adapter method “getPageTranscriptionStatus” does not exist. in /home/teorapro/public_html/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto.php:106 Stack trace:
#0 /home/teorapro/public_html/themes/Scribe/items/show.php(31): Scripto->__call(‘getPageTranscri…’, Array)
#1 /home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(114): include(’/home/teorapro/…’)
#2 /home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run(’/home/teorapro/…’)
#3/home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(912): Zend_View_Abstract->render(NULL)
#4/home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(933): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript(‘items/show.php’, NULL)
#5/home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(972): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render()
#6 /home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(277): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch()
#7 /home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(527): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch()
#8 /home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘showAction’)
#9 /home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#10 /home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#11 /home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#12 /home/teorapro/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#13 /home/teorapro/public_html/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run()
#14 {main}

The issue here is the same as the previous one in this thread:

The “Scribe” theme appears to depend on a fork of Scripto, as linked in my previous message. We (the Omeka team) don’t develop the Scribe theme or the fork of Scripto it requires.

When you upgraded from 2.3 to 2.4, you presumably switched from using the fork to using the mainline Scripto version, which doesn’t include this “getPageTranscriptionStatus” function and so the theme no longer works. I would guess that when you moved back to the previous version you actually used the mainline version, explaining why it was still broken.

I didn’t realize until today that what we were using was a fork of Scripto all this time. Thank you for pointing that out! That makes a lot of sense.

The maintainer of the fork has just updated his plugin to incorporate the changes in Scripto 2.4 so it’s now up-to-date.

Updated Fork-- https://github.com/ui-libraries/plugin-Scripto

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.