When viewing items, collections, or exhibits lists in the admin side, we are only able to see one item per page. When I change the “Results per page (admin)” setting under Appearance -> Settings to 10, 20, 50, or 100, it still only displays one item per page and “skips” the rest of the items for that page. Here is what it looks like when set to 20 for 495 items, so that we can only see each 20th item:
When I change the “Results per page (admin)” setting to 1, I am able to see all the items in the Omeka site, but it requires us to page through 495 pages in order to see each item.
I don’t know how this bug started showing up, but I searched through the forums and didn’t see anyone else experiencing it. We’re on Omeka Classic 2.6.1. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! --Cliff
Is it automatically displaying with the details expanded like that? Even when you have only 1 item per page?
Yes, it’s displaying this way on each page with the details expanded:
The issue persists across browsers (Firefox, Chrome, & IE). I asked around an no one on our team had been messing with the theme. I’m not sure where the admin side theme files are located – I couldn’t find anything in the documentation. If you point me in the right direction I’ll go there on the server and see if any of the files have been tinkered with lately.
Please try turning on error messages.
What’s happening here is that there’s an error on the browse page; probably related to a plugin, but it could be something else. It’s not that you’re getting 1 result really, but that the error is occurring partway through printing a row. You’ll notice that the other columns are not filled in, and there’s no footer on the page either.
Turning on error messages should cause an message to be printed at the point where the error is happening that will point the way to what the problem is.
Okay, I got an error at the top of the page that says
Warning: Declaration of SimpleVocab_Controller_Plugin_SelectFilter::preDispatch($request) should be compatible with Zend_Controller_Plugin_Abstract::preDispatch(Zend_Controller_Request_Abstract $request) in /var/www/plugins/SimpleVocab/libraries/SimpleVocab/Controller/Plugin/SelectFilter.php on line 0
And another in the Date Added field that says
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /var/www/application/libraries/Zend/Xml/Security.php:82 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/application/libraries/Zend/Xml/Security.php(150): Zend_Xml_Security::scan('<?xml version="...', NULL) #1 /var/www/application/libraries/Zend/Locale/Data.php(160): Zend_Xml_Security::scanFile('/var/www/applic...') #2 /var/www/application/libraries/Zend/Locale/Data.php(232): Zend_Locale_Data::_findRoute('en_US', '/ldml/dates/cal...', '', 'pattern', Array) #3 /var/www/application/libraries/Zend/Locale/Data.php(1137): Zend_Locale_Data::_getFile('en_US', '/ldml/dates/cal...', '', 'pattern') #4 /var/www/application/libraries/Zend/Date.php(847): Zend_Locale_Data::getContent('en_US', 'date', Array) #5 /var/www/application/libraries/Zend/Date.php(580): Zend_Date->_parseIsoToDate('FFF', 'en_US') #6 /var/www/application/libraries/Zend/Date.php(466): Zend_Date->_toToken('FFF', 'en_US') #7 /var/www/application/libraries/globals.php(1006): Zend_Date->toString('FFF') #8 /var/www/admin/themes/defa in /var/www/application/libraries/Zend/Xml/Security.php on line 82
It’s that second one that’s the issue. Your server doesn’t have the “dom” extension for PHP which is required for Omeka. The installer checks if the extension is there, and since your site used to work, it must be the case that someone updated the PHP installation on your server and neglected to install that extension.
(The other problem is just a symptom of having an old, out-of-date SimpleVocab plugin, updating should fix it.)
Thanks to you both for helping me troubleshoot – it’s fixed! First I installed php7.0-xml, which contains the DOM extension:
sudo apt-get install php7.0-xml
Then I restarted Apache to have it take effect:
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
When I refreshed the page after restarting Apache it loaded all the missing items – thanks again!