I’ve now managed to break the contribution plugin twice, with no discernible fix. To replicate:
- Install Omeka Classic
- Install the Contribution plugin and an alternative metadata set (in my case VRA Core)
- Add a contribution under contribution types. Note the metadata fields filter nicely into Dublin Core and VRA Core.
- Remove the VRA Core Element Set in Settings
- Reinstall the VRA Core plugin
- Go back to the Contribution Types and try adding a new element. Note how there are now multiple choices for some of the same metadata elements (see attached). Choosing the wrong one breaks the public contribution side, and effectively users cannot contribute any items.
I have no idea how to fix this, or even why this would break core Omeka functionality!