Problem with Reports plugin

Since upgrading to 2.5 Reports no longer works - I get this error message:

Omeka has encountered an error

RuntimeException

The configured PHP path (/usr/bin/php) is invalid.

exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘The configured PHP path (/usr/bin/php) is invalid.’ in /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php:114
Stack trace:

#0 /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php(93): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::_checkCliPath('/usr/bin/php')
#1 /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php(28): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::getPHPCliPath()
#2 /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Dispatcher/Adapter/BackgroundProcess.php(31): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::startProcess('Omeka_Job_Proce...', Object(User), Array)
#3 /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Dispatcher/Default.php(150): Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Adapter_BackgroundProcess->send('{"className":"R...', Array)
#4 /home/theafter/public_html/plugins/Reports/controllers/IndexController.php(147): Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Default->sendLongRunning('Reports_Generat...', Array)
#5 /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Reports_IndexController->generateAction()
#6 /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('generateAction')
#7 /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#8 /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#9 /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#10 /home/theafter/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(77): Zend_Application->run()
#11 /home/theafter/public_html/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#12 {main}

2.5 didn’t really change much of anything about the way processes get run, so that’s odd.

Did you change anything else (like moving servers or changing versions of other things) when you did the upgrade?

Or, maybe you had a different PHP path explicitly set in your old application/config/config.ini and you accidentally overwrote it?

Thanks for the quick reply - didn’t change anything else but I will check the config.ini for changes

The config,ini file was back to default (I guess 2.5 overwrote it) - so I changed it to what it was before >> background.php.path = “/usr/local/bin/php” and it now works. Many thanks!