Problem installing Neatline in Omeka 2.7

I am hosting my Omeka instance on Reclaim Hosting servers and recently upgraded my instance to Omeka 2.7. I had to reinstall the Neatline plugin, but each time I try to upgrade it through the Omeka dashboard, I get this error. Any insight into how I can fix this so that Neatline installs?

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs in /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Stack trace:
#0 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(80): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’ ALTER T…’)
#3 /home/document/public_html/plugins/Neatline/migrations/2.5.2/Neatline_Migration_252.php(33): Omeka_Db->__call(‘query’, Array)
#4 /home/document/public_html/plugins/Neatline/migrations/2.5.2/Neatline_Migration_252.php(22): Neatline_Migration_252->_addExhibitAccessibleURLField()
#5 /home/document/public_html/plugins/Neatline/migrations/abstract/Neatline_Migration_Abstract.php(29): Neatline_Migration_252->migrate()
#6 /home/document/public_html/plugins/Neatline/NeatlinePlugin.php(107): Neatline_Migration_Abstract->__construct()
#7 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Broker.php(142): NeatlinePlugin->hookUpgrade(Array)
#8 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Installer.php(95): Omeka_Plugin_Broker->callHook(‘upgrade’, Array, Object(Plugin))
#9 /home/document/public_html/application/controllers/PluginsController.php(231): Omeka_Plugin_Installer->upgrade(Object(Plugin))
#10 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): PluginsController->upgradeAction()
#11 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘upgradeAction’)
#12 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#13 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#14 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#15 /home/document/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#16 /home/document/public_html/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#17 {main}

Hi akijas,

Are you using the most current version of the Neatline plugin (2.6.3)? If not, I would try installing again with this version:

We have also had some recent issues with users updating to MySQL 8.0. If you are using MySQL 8.0, please try installing our current development version of the plugin that hopefully will fix those issues (this version should also work with pre-8.0 as well):

Please let us know if you are still running into this error, and we can continue to help troubleshoot.

Thanks! I had installed Neatline 2.6.3 but it would not work. I went back and uninstalled this version and then started by uploading Neatline 2.0 and then moving up to version 2.3. I can’t move up beyond version 2.3 because it throws me another error. Any tips on upgrading to Neatline 2.6?

Hi akijas,

I’m bringing this error to the developer’s attention for further troubleshooting. Can I get some more information about this issue - What versions of Omeka and Neatline were you using prior to upgrading to Omeka 2.7? To confirm, Neatline 2.3 is currently working as expected with your Omeka 2.7 install? Is the error you’re getting from later versions the same as what’s provided above? (if not, could you please copy/paste the error you’re getting with 2.6.3?). When Neatline is not installed, your Omeka 2.7 site is working without errors? Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.