Problem installing Admin Image plugin

I have a local install of Omeka Classic 2.6.1 installed under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
It uses the Mariadb version of mysql.
Omeka_db is populated with what seems to be meaningful tables from the previous install activities:
Tables_in_omeka_db |
±--------------------------+
| omeka_collections |
| omeka_element_sets |
| omeka_element_texts |
| omeka_elements |
| omeka_files etc etc

So far I have installed the plugins Simple Pages and Neatline, both work. Then I tried to install Admin Images 1.3 from July 17, 2017. There were a couple of problems that I Googled my way out of and it installed and activated OK. Then when I try to run it then it immediately crashed with :

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception
** Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘omeka_db.omeka_admin_images’ doesn’t exist**

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘omeka_db.omeka_admin_images’ doesn’t exist in /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77ll

The stack trace is here:
#0 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare(‘SELECT admin_i...') #1 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(388): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SELECTadmin_i…’) #2 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare(‘SELECT admin_i...') #3 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(79): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECTadmin_i…’, Array) #4 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(647): Omeka_Db->__call(‘query’, Array) #5 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(228): Omeka_Db_Table->fetchObjects(Object(Omeka_Db_Select)) #6 /var/www/html/omeka/plugins/AdminImages/controllers/ImageController.php(35): Omeka_Db_Table->findAll() #7 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): AdminImages_ImageController->browseAction() #8 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘browseAction’) #9 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #10 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #11 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run() #12 /var/www/html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run() #13 /var/www/html/omeka/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run() #14 {main}

This time Google is no help and it’s way beyond my pay grade, any ideas?

I guess things might depend on what your “problems” were that you encountered. It looks like the plugin didn’t actually install a table it needs in order to work. You could possibly try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.

Thanks, John, I was going to try that but very unwisely thought it a good idea to upgrade to Omeka 2.7 first. That is the subject of my next post.