PermissionDenied error after installing new site

Hi! I’ve been installing Omeka S – using the instructions in Github here: https://github.com/omeka/omeka-s/blob/develop/README.md – and logged into my /admin/, created a first user and gave the site a title, and then I got an error. Following the instructions, I modified my .htaccess to set the mode to development to show the errors. When I go back, this is what I see:

Omeka S encountered an error
Omeka\Mvc\Exception\PermissionDeniedException
Permission denied for the current user to access the index action of the Omeka\Controller\Install controller.

Details:

Omeka\Mvc\Exception\PermissionDeniedException: Permission denied for the current user to access the index action of the Omeka\Controller\Install controller. in /home/dbvisel/aftertheendofthe.com/public/omeka-s/application/src/Mvc/MvcListeners.php:449
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dbvisel/aftertheendofthe.com/public/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Omeka\Mvc\MvcListeners->authorizeUserAgainstController(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#1 /home/dbvisel/aftertheendofthe.com/public/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#2 /home/dbvisel/aftertheendofthe.com/public/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(331): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#3 /home/dbvisel/aftertheendofthe.com/public/omeka-s/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run()
#4 {main}

HOWEVER! If I then go to /admin/, I’m greeted with a login screen; if I enter the username and password I just created, I can login, and it looks like I’m getting to the normal admin dashboard. Should I be worried about this error? I have not made any modifications to permissions.

Thanks for your help – just trying this out to see if it works for a project.

yours,
Dan

That error message is just about going back to the “install” page: you can’t install again once you’re already installed. Seeing this error when you try to go to /install after you’ve installed isn’t an issue.

You should be able to go to the admin page and the home page (without /install) fine.

The only question would be if you got the error message during the install, before getting a “success” message. If so, it’s possible your installation didn’t complete. If you’re concerned, what you could do is clear out the database you used for Omeka S (or set up a new one), and then run the installer again: it will let you back to the installer if the database is empty.

Thanks for the response! I didn’t see a success page; I saw a message saying there had been an error (and directing me to change the .htaccess to see what the error was). But it was clear that my responses had been saved – the title of the page changed. After logging in, the site seems to be working normally, so maybe there isn’t a problem? I’ll keep an eye on it.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.