Omeka site error on load

Hi, haven’t checked my site in a while and this error pops up-

Omeka has encountered an error

Zend_Session_Exception

Zend_Session::start() - /home4/campsecu/public_html/museum/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(Line:1305): Error #2 count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
/home4/campsecu/public_html/museum/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(Line:1305): Error #2 count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I understand it is probably due to an upgrade (perhaps PHP) on the server side. I’m wondering how I can…

1. Check my Omeka version number using a File Manager
  2. Perhaps disable the offending Zend?
  3. Or, how to upgrade without using my Omeka admin functions.

Some other posts dealt with the same or similar error, I just need help on these other aspects of the issue. Thanks!

You can check your Omeka version number using the file system by looking at the file “bootstrap.php” in the top level directory of your site: it has a line declaring the OMEKA_VERSION.

The way the upgrade process works, you shouldn’t have a problem using the admin to start the upgrade: you’ll have already replaced the Omeka core files by the time you need to use the web interface to run the database upgrade, and at that point you won’t be having this error anymore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.