Omeka Error when record saves

Hello,

Over the last week, this error has cropped up. It seems to occur when a record is being saved. I’ve never encountered this error before. I’m hoping others may have some insights on how to address it. It does not prevent the record for being saved, but does throw up the error screen.

thx!

–Eric

2021-07-14T10:59:05+00:00 ERR (3): Omeka_Record_Exception: Invalid search type given! in /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/models/Table/Item.php:143
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/models/Table/Item.php(28): Table_Item->_advancedSearch(Object(Omeka_Db_Select), Array)
#1 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/models/Table/Item.php(432): Table_Item->filterBySearch(Object(Omeka_Db_Select), Array)
#2 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(323): Table_Item->applySearchFilters(Object(Omeka_Db_Select), Array)
#3 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(277): Omeka_Db_Table->getSelectForFindBy(Array)
#4 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/controllers/helpers/Db.php(59): Omeka_Db_Table->findBy(Array, 10, 1)
#5 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/libraries/Omeka/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(128): Omeka_Controller_Action_Helper_Db->__call(‘findBy’, Array)
#6 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/controllers/ItemsController.php(180): Omeka_Controller_AbstractActionController->browseAction()
#7 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): ItemsController->browseAction()
#8 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘browseAction’)
#9 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#10 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#11 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#12 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#13 /home/ukscrcne/public_html/nkaa/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run()
#14 {main}

Hi, I am having the same problem. Please let me know if you find a solution!

–Larry Cebula
larrycebula@gmail.com

Hello. As it turns out, this was less mysterious than I thought at first. Not sure why, but my search_texts table had locked. To fix the problem, I simply used PHPMyAdmin to unlock that table. Not sure if this would be the case for you as well, but might be worth checking.

Thx!

–Eric

Just a little note: that specific error probably isn’t related to your problem. That one comes up when clients give an invalid query to the browse page, it’s often bots or crawlers that are doing that and causing those error messages to be logged. In general these messages are harmless.

A locked table would cause problems, but they would be something different in the log.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.