Omeka + CSV max upload

Whilst I realise this is not actually new, I am. I have read everything I can find on the issue of changing the maximum upload which appears to be set at 2 MB.
We have started a not for profit community project to capture our village history (Porthleven in Cornwall UK) Within no time at all we accumulated over 50,000 items adding up to 25 GB and donations are still coming in.
The installation on our server with the hosting company was not a problem
My problem is I cannot locate all the areas in the php coding requiring amendment to handle much larger files. Even my support team at the hosting company could not resolve this issue which is a first ever.
Is there anyone who can list all the file and folder locations identifying everything that needs to be changed in such a way they are easily located. Perhaps someone could create a video to help others in the future.
I hope someone can help simplify this problem and update the system in future with a drop down menu that would allow a simple change.

Regards

Mike

The settings for maximum file size uploads are in the PHP server settings, not in Omeka. So, it’s still something to talk with your hosting company about.

By default Omeka’s maximum upload size is set only by PHP’s server settings: post_max_size and upload_max_filesize. The lower of those two settings will determine your maximum upload size. Omeka has no control over that limit, and cannot change it itself (removing the possibility for a dropdown menu or item in the interface).

There are ways to make Omeka’s limit lower than those, but you have to explicitly choose to use them; they’re not used by default.

We do address File Upload issues in the Troubleshooting section of the Omeka Classic documentation.

Thanks.
Simplicity is best.
I have sent your comments to my hosting company but if they can’t solve the issue I will seek an alternative to CSV.

Looked first and read everything. Changed some parts but CSV still shows max upload 2MB.
Thanks

1 Like

Can you tell me one thing: what’s the upload limit for “regular” uploads showing as? (As in, the limit shown on the Files tab of the item add/edit form)

In SCV it was showing 2 MB and it was this that was causing the problem. However as suggested I returned to my hosting company and they resolved the problem within the php and it is now set at 258 MB Now I just have to locate the uncomment and fix that and all should be well…

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Just to adding an update
In SCV it was showing 2 MB and it was this that was causing the problem. However as suggested I returned to my hosting company and they resolved the problem within the php and it is now set at 258 MB Now I just have to locate the uncomment and fix that and all should be well…

Thanks to everyone for their help.