Omeka Classic v. 3.0.1 and PHP 8 Error

Hello,

I have recently upgraded various Omeka Classic sites to PHP 8 and Omeka Classic v. 3.0.1. I’m noticing that my log file is recording the following error from time to time for one of the sites. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Thx!

–Eric

[31-Jan-2022 07:16:54 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /home/heyburnc/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Helper/Navigation/Sitemap.php on line 259

I can look into that… the thing is that we don’t typically use Zend’s Sitemap code. Do you have a sitemap plugin or custom theme installed?

Hello,

I do have the following installed.

Sitemap 2

Version 2.3 by UC Santa Cruz University Library

Thx!

–Eric

OK, that makes sense.

There is an issue there that needs to be fixed in Omeka, it just doesn’t come up unless something is trying to render a sitemap.

We have the fix written, and we’ll make a later release to fix this problem… in the meantime it should only be affecting the sitemap, and you could temporarily disable the plugin to eliminate the errors being logged.

Sounds good. I’ve deactivated that plugin and the errors have stopped. Thanks!

–Eric

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.