OHMS - Oral History Metadata Sychronizer

Hello,
Does anyone know if there is a plan for the OHMS plugin for classic to be created as an S module?
Can anyone suggest Omeka S sites being used for oral histories that I can take a look at?
Thank you!

Best,
V

Hello. I developed the original OHMSObject plugin. A version for Omeka S could be created. Here at the University of Kentucky, we are not currently using Omeka S, however. It would be good to have some sites willing to test a new Omeka S version of the plugin.

Thx,

Eric

1 Like

Thanks, Eric.
The plugin seems like something useful for a new project we have. It also seems like we’ll be building more oral history collections in the future, so it would be great to figure out if this will be how we do that. Let me know how I can be of help. And, thanks for developing this plugin!

Best,
Victoria

Hi Eric,

I’m curious where the Omeka S version of the plugin is at. I have a project that could be used for testing and hopefully use, but I need to start getting the project going by other means if it’s not ready to test yet. Thanks for your time. I don’t want to put you in a rush, I am only curious about time frames.

Thanks so much!
Best,
Victoria

Hello Eric,

We’d also be interested in testing an Omeka S version of the OHMS Viewer plugin if possible, at the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Hartford. Please let me know if you’re still thinking of doing this. Thank you!

Leah

Hello Eric,

I am at an early stage planing for an online portal with oral history interviews. One option would be Omeka with OHMS so I am interested in the current state of OHMS and Omeka S. You stated that you do not use any more Omeka at Univ of Kentucky. What are the reasons / your recomendation? I saw that the e.g. Buffalo Trace OH Project moved to WordPress as basis.
Best,
Olaf

Hi Victoria,

I am at an early stage planning for a Oral History online-plattform and wondering what results your research into OHMS and OMeka S brought so far. Any information on OMEKA S and Oral History to share?

Best,
Olaf

Hello Olaf,

To clarify, we do use Omeka Classic, but have not yet implemented any oral history sites with Omeka S. Our main Omeka Classic site is available at https://kentuckyoralhistory.org. We have not yet considered the implications involved with moving to Omeka S. Right now, Omeka Classic is working well for us.
Thx!
–Eric

Hi Olaf,
I wish I had more to share, but I have not gotten any further into this research. Oral history projects have been growing in numbers at my institution and I will need to find a better solution soon and hope I can find a solution like OHMS for Omeka S. I’ll let you know what we end up doing once established. When the current oral history project I am building with my team in Omeka S is finished I’ll share the link with you. Please let me know what direction you go as well. I would appreciate it.

Best,
Victoria

Hi Victoria,
thanks for your quick reply. I will keep you updated when I know which direction we choose.
Best,
Olaf

Hello Eric,
thanks for your clarification. I came across this site https://nunncenter.net/buffalotrace/gallery from the Nun Center which seems to me build with WordPress and wonder why you use both platforms in parallel.
Best,
Olaf

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.