Numeric Data Types error on bulk edit job

Hello all,

I have Omeka S v1.3.0 and recently upgraded to Numeric Data Type v1.3.0. I am getting this job error while making bulk edits to a non-numeric data field:

2019-05-03T17:11:02+00:00 ERR (3): Doctrine\ORM\ORMInvalidArgumentException: A new entity was found through the relationship 'NumericDataTypes\Entity\NumericDataTypesTimestamp#resource' that was not configured to cascade persist operations for entity: Omeka\Entity\Item@00000000555ae4550000000057864ed7. To solve this issue: Either explicitly call EntityManager#persist() on this unknown entity or configure cascade persist  this association in the mapping for example @ManyToOne(..,cascade={"persist"}). If you cannot find out which entity causes the problem implement 'Omeka\Entity\Resource#__toString()' to get a clue. in .../public_html/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/ORMInvalidArgumentException.php:92

If I deactivate the Numeric module, the bulk edit job goes through just fine. Am I correct in thinking there’s data in the field that’s not Numeric (from before I installed the module) and that is causing the error?

I can’t reproduce this bug. We’ve encountered errors similar to this one before so I think we can fix it, but I would like to reproduce the bug to verify. Could you take me through the exact steps that lead to this error?

After further testing, it seems to work with ‘Edited selected’ if I select just the items on the first page, but not ‘Edit all’:

1. Go to ‘Items’ and under ‘Batch actions’ select ‘Edit all’
  2. Click on ‘Add text value’ and for property, select ‘DC: Type’ and input “Text.” Hit ‘Save’
  3. The green alert says ‘Editing items. This may take a while.’
  4. Go to Admin > Jobs. The status indicates ‘Error’
  5. If I go to View Log, that’s when I get the error posted in the original post.

If in step 1, I only select items on the first page, I don’t get the error at all.

Thanks for taking a look at this!

I’ve opened an issue in our issue tracker and will continue to troubleshoot the problem.