Neatline item import error

We are running Omeka 2.2.2 and Neatline 2.3.0. I remember this was also happening sometime last summer when I was trying to set up a development installation of our Omeka instance, but we weren’t really using Neatline until now so at the time I removed Neatline so my migration would work. Attempting to add an Omeka item to Neatline fails. It’s somehow related to a missing or null spatial field, but I’m not clear on how to address this. I thought I could add blank geometry information to items to force them to get added, but I can’t figure out which field to use–none of the fields with spatial-looking information seem to be set up as a spatial type.

Here’s an example error:

2016-08-15T14:21:14-05:00 ERR (3): exception 'Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception' with message 'Mysqli statement execute error : Cannot get geometry object from data you send to the GEOMETRY field' in /app/www/specialcollections/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Stack trace:
#0 /app/www/specialcollections/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /app/www/specialcollections/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /app/www/specialcollections/plugins/Neatline/models/abstract/Neatline_Row_Abstract.php(158): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `om...', Array)
#3 /app/www/specialcollections/plugins/Neatline/models/abstract/Neatline_Row_Abstract.php(99): Neatline_Row_Abstract->insertOrUpdate(Array)
#4 /app/www/specialcollections/plugins/Neatline/models/abstract/Neatline_Row_Expandable.php(75): Neatline_Row_Abstract->save(false)
#5 /app/www/specialcollections/plugins/Neatline/models/NeatlineRecord.php(320): Neatline_Row_Expandable->save()
#6 /app/www/specialcollections/plugins/Neatline/models/NeatlineRecord.php(139): NeatlineRecord->save()
#7 /app/www/specialcollections/plugins/Neatline/controllers/RecordsController.php(58): NeatlineRecord->saveForm(Array)
#8 /app/www/specialcollections/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Neatline_RecordsController->postAction()
#9 /app/www/specialcollections/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('postAction')
#10 /app/www/specialcollections/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#11 /app/www/specialcollections/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(101): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#12 /app/www/specialcollections/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(366): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#13 /app/www/specialcollections/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#14 /app/www/specialcollections/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run()
#15 {main}