Multitenancy possible?

Greetings,

Can you please tell me if Omeka allows for multitenancy?

Kind regards
Hilda

Can you clarify what you mean by multitenancy?

My devops colleagues can explain better, but to go with the TechTarget definition: “Multi-tenancy is an architecture in which a single instance of a software application serves multiple customers.” This means that upgrades and patches can be done only once, rather than having to do it individually for all groups using an instance of the software. We want to provide Omeka as a service to our research groups, but we do not have the capacity to do this if multitenancy is not possible.

Omeka Classic can support multiple users and they can all make exhibits - here is the documentation on users.

You might also look at Omeka S currently in beta which seems like it might be a fit for your situation.

Thank you for your response. We will definitely investigate Omeka S.

Kind regards
Hilda

So you are saying multiple users should be able to work on their projects in Omeka without ‘clobbering’ one another? There has been some concern here about that.

More from a platform support perspective, i.e. that the sysadmins shouldn’t have to install upgrades and patches for each research group’s Omeka ‘instance’ individually.