Migrating 1.4 to 2.5 (new webhost)

Omeka Team,
I currently have a legacy Omeka 1.4 site for my research on one webhost & domain (rwany.gobiwebdesigns.com), but I am not the web admin and do not have the control panel access. So, I decided to migrate to a new webhost & domain (rwanysibaja.com) where I have acces to the cpanel. I have also created a subdomain - animales.rwanysibaja.com - where I have just installed Omeka 2.5.

Question: without updating the old Omeka 1.4 to 2.1, in order to use the Api Import plugin, what is the best way to migrate content (items, collections, exhibits, etc) to the new 2.5 site? If I follow the 6 steps at https://omeka.org/codex/Moving_to_Another_Server, will I run into any conflicts when replacing certain files? And are there any plugins I should go ahead and install before migrating my content? (NOTE: I do have access to the files on the old Omeka site thru Filezilla, and created a backup of the entire 1.4 site on my hardrive)

Thanks, Rwany

The most important thing for that kind of migration is getting the database dump from the 1.4 site. Without that, the files that you have – in particular the content you have uploaded – won’t match up.

So, the first thing is to get the database for the 1.4 site, then try to work on the migration based on that.

Patrick: How exactly do I get the database dump? I tried importing the .sql file my web admin sent me, and importing it through phpMyAdmin, but I received the error notice below. Should I ask my web admin for a different (zip file)?

Error
SQL query:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS omeka_ccs (
id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
item_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
is_cc tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
cc_name text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
cc_uri text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
cc_img text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1074 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci

MySQL said: Documentation
#1046 - No database selected

The “No database selected” error is a new one to me, and seems weird for just importing a database dump that you got. Not sure if a different dump is in order yet, but I’d confirm with them that what they gave you will create a new database and put all the tables there, or whether it’s just the tables without any containing database info.