Metadata for Media / Item set with CSV Import module?

Hello everyone,
Is it possible to import metadata for Media with CSV Import module ?
Is it possible to import metadata for Item sets with CSV Import module ?
Or is it only possible to import metadata for Items?
Is CSV Import Plus Omeka 2 plugin upgraded for Omeka S offering different possibilities than CSV Import Omeka 3 module?

I could not be sure after reading the docs, making tests and reading these posts:

Thank you for your answers

Is it possible to import metadata for Media with CSV Import module ?

That’s unlikely. Since media are always attached to items, there’s not a good way to map metadata about media from a CSV file – the structure doesn’t allow that kind of nesting.

Is it possible to import metadata for Item sets with CSV Import module ?
That seems like a reasonable possibility. Just as CSVImport lets you specify whether you are importing Items vs Users, it seems straightforward to do an import of ItemSets.

CSVImport includes some of the features from CSVImport Plus (like working with Sideload). Dunno whether the best path is to try include the specific functionality into CSVImport, or have people fork as needed.

Hi Patrick, sorry to reply to a very old post. My question is: does this mean that there is no way to import metadata for Media objects, like we did with CSV Import Plus for Classic?

Thanks in advance for your answer!
Best,
Simone

Yes, the last release of the module CsvImport for Omeka S incorporates it. Note that the merge is not totally checked, so see branch danielkm, or the same directly in my fork (Daniel-KM/Omeka-S-module-CSVImport).

You mean that CSVImport in your fork Do include the extra functionalities that was present in CSVImport Plus for Omeka Classic?

Yes. They are currently in test and will be merged to avoid to maintain two modules in Omeka S, so you can try and check it.

1 Like

Hi again: is CSVImport able to import Media via Tiler?

This is not implemented currently.