Message "There was an invalid entry on the form. Please try again."

Hello,

In a fresh installation of Omeka Classic 2.7.1, I have the message indicated in the subject when I submit a form with chrome/chromium. However, everything is normal with firefox.
Is it due to the embedded csrf_token ?
Finally, I am not familiar enough with chrome to overcome this difficulty :frowning:

Tanks for your help,

JM Sarlat

Which form specifically are you submitting? Is this whenever you create an item, or when trying to set installation information?

Hi,
This happens when I want to add a user, change settings.
This does not happen when uploading an image.

I can’t reproduce this problem with Chrome and 2.7.1. That message is just the generic message for when there is some error in the data submitted with the user form. That could mean the CSRF token, but also any other element on the form. There are no errors reported by any of the form fields when this happens?

That particular message only appears on the User form… you mentioned settings as well, did you mean the Settings page? If so, was there a different message there? And when you say the problem didn’t happen when uploading an image, you mean that uploading worked fine/correctly?

There are no errors reported by any of the form fields when this happens?

No, no error indicated for a particular field when this happens…

you mentioned settings as well, did you mean the Settings page? If so, was there a different message there?

Yes, here is the message: There were errors found in your form. Please edit and resubmit.
While everything is entered correctly :frowning:

And when you say the problem didn’t happen when uploading an image, you mean that uploading worked fine/correctly?

Yes :slight_smile:

Thanks

We’ve tried with some other variations and still can’t reproduce this problem.

Are you seeing any messages in your Chrome web console, possibly?

Are you seeing any messages in your Chrome web console, possibly?

The console is empty of all message…
Although tired of trying, I just did the test on a virtual machine. With a fresh installation of chrome, the problem disappears :slight_smile:

It’s mysterious to me, I’m going to be using firefox while trying to find the chrome configuration item involved.

Thank you for your attention.