Mediawiki and scripto

I’m having trouble with my Mediawiki page. I’m trying to set it up so I can enable account creation with Scripto. When I put in the url for the mediawiki index.php page i get the error “A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software.” As per the Scripto instructions, I used the 1.23 version of mediawiki with the most recent version of Scripto. However, it seems this may be the root of my problems. Should i just install the most recent mediawiki version?

Instead of index.php try api.php, which is the MediaWiki API endpoint.

This happens for the latest MediaWiki version as well. I am using 1.32 and getting the same error. I thought this might be something wrong with the php web hosting (https://www.cloudways.com/en/php-cloud-hosting.php ) I am using. I contacted their support and they checked whether I have configured my MySQL database correctly or not. Nothing wrong with it though. They asked me to contact Scripto team.

Did you recently upgrade your MediaWiki installation? That error (“A database query error has occurred”) usually happens when the database is out-of-sync with the software. Scripto does not in any way alter MediaWiki’s database schema.