Mapping doesn't work anymore

Hi there,

I’m using the Mapping Module, which was working well thus far. But it’s been a few weeks that it doesn’t work anymore. When I try to search an address, nothing happens. I’ve downloaded the latest version of the Module, but it doesn’t change anything. Is it because the website isn’t hosted and online yet? Would you mind helping me please? Many thanks in advance.

All best,

Marine

Last version of mapping works with the last version of Omeka.

Else, what is the message in your browser console (ctrl + shift + i)?

Dear Daniel_KM,

Thank you for your answer. I have just updated the latest version of Omeka S but the Mapping module isn’t working. When I try to add an address, no error message is indicated in the navigator console.

Please be aware that I’m using a MacBook Pro, besides for the moment I’m working on a VirtualBox (the website isn’t hosted yet). Do you think working on a VirtualBox might be an issue?

Thank you for your help!

All best,

Marine

Mac book pro is just a hardware with the same components than any other personal computer. Do you have macos, windows or linux on it?

Anyway, try if the virtual machine has access to internet. If you didn’t change the config of the module, it should work. Try if the virtual machine has access internet.

Dear Daniel_KM,

Thank you for your reply. I’m currently on Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6. I have tried to connect my virtual machine to internet, but the problem remains. Do you know what should I do? Many thanks.

Marine

Hi there,

The website is now online (https://fca.huma-num.fr/) but the Mapping module isn’t working. When I search for an address, the marker doesn’t show up. Would you mind helping me please? Many thanks.

All best,

Marine

We’ve released a new version of Mapping that should fix your issue. Here’s a link to the ZIP file: https://github.com/omeka-s-modules/Mapping/releases/download/v1.0.2/Mapping-1.0.2.zip

Dear jimsafley,

Thank you very much for your answer and your help. It’s working perfectly now!
Best wishes,

Marine