Make item private

Hi,

I get this message when I make item private. I would like to point out that the item is not linked to an item set or ressource template and that main site is public.

The feature “public/private” works for the media and sites but not for items and items set. When an item is private the page shows “not found” with the message.

exception ‘Omeka\Api\Exception\NotFoundException’ with message ‘Entité Omeka\Entity\Item avec critère {“id”:“11585”} non trouvée’ in /var/www/html/neptun/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractEntityAdapter.php:631 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/neptun/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractEntityAdapter.php(347): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractEntityAdapter->findEntity(‘11585’, Object(Omeka\Api\Request)) #1 /var/www/html/neptun/application/src/Api/Manager.php(230): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractEntityAdapter->read(Object(Omeka\Api\Request)) #2 /var/www/html/neptun/application/src/Api/Manager.php(115): Omeka\Api\Manager->execute(Object(Omeka\Api\Request)) #3 /var/www/html/neptun/application/src/Mvc/Controller/Plugin/Api.php(136): Omeka\Api\Manager->read(‘items’, ‘11585’, Array, Array) #4 /var/www/html/neptun/application/src/Controller/Admin/ItemController.php(233): Omeka\Mvc\Controller\Plugin\Api->read(‘items’, ‘11585’) #5 /var/www/html/neptun/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(78): Omeka\Controller\Admin\ItemController->editAction() #6 /var/www/html/neptun/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #7 /var/www/html/neptun/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure)) #8 /var/www/html/neptun/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(106): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #9 /var/www/html/neptun/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(138): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response)) #10 /var/www/html/neptun/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #11 /var/www/html/neptun/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure)) #12 /var/www/html/neptun/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(332): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #13 /var/www/html/neptun/index.php(21): Zend\Mvc\Application->run() #14 {main}

The value “is public” in the table “ressource” in the database is well modified.
Omeka S is running on PHP 5.6.34 and MySQL 5.5.60 (mariaDB).
Do you have any idea what the problem is?

What version of Omeka S are you running?

We use Omeka S 1.2.0

The error here looks like its for the “edit” page… does the item disappear from browse results also? Can you view but not edit the item?

I can see the item in the list of items in the admin interface but I can’t edit it (error).
In the public interface, I can see it (title and some information) if it is linked to an item set and that I use the advanced search to find it but if I want to see more information I get an error.

Are you using any “interesting” or relevant modules? Ones that might change permissions?

In general, the process that “hides” a private item so that you get this error should also be hiding it from browse pages and pretty much anywhere else (assuming you don’t have permission to view private items).

Thanks.
We solved the issue. It was due to the LAMP environment on the server.