Login page redirect

Sigh! I can’t remember how to fix this. Just set up a copy of production site on a new AWS server.
http://54.81.83.101/digital/admin/users/login

Tried in all 3 browsers, same issue. Allow Override All and Options All are set in httpd.conf. The /var/log/errors.log doesn’t yield any helpful information. Main site works fine, browsing items, searching, etc. so it’s not a rewrite issue.

ERROR IN FIREFOX (again, tried in Chrome, FF, and Safari, same error):
The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

It’s just constantly issuing redirects to the login page itself.

Do you have any “interesting” or customized modules related to login?

Don’t think so, and it works fine on production! But I’ve come across this issue before when setting up clone/test Omeka installs.

Here’s my plugins directory:
[ec2-user@ip-172-31-31-221 plugins]$ ls -1
AdminImages
CleanUrl
DateSearch
DefaultSearchOptions
DefaultSort
EmbedCodes
ExhibitBuilder
HideElements
HistoryLog
Reference
SearchByMetadata
SimplePages

Is there a way to just load the correct .php file directly without it trying to do a redirect?

I did a test blank install of Omeka 2.6.1 and could access the /admin (after doing some more corrections for the odd AWS EC2 “Amazon Linux” instance and issues with mod_rewrite).

But as soon as I loaded the production database to the new instance, I get the same error.

What could be in the database that would be causing an infinite loop on login page routing request? I haven’t even installed any of the plugins yet in the new instance, although obviously there are some references to them in the db. But no code!

It looks like your original site has a custom admin theme… if that’s missing or if it contains some code that might redirect that could do it.

Yikes that’s it! I just hopped into omeka_options and saw id=14, admin_theme.

So that’s a very confusing error that “presents” relative to the fix. Any chance there could be some error catch inserted into next version? Where would/should I request that?