Linking MARC Relators to values (Items) using Value Suggest

Hello,

Our database uses several agents (as creators and contributors). I need to start indexing TV shows, and therefore need the agents to be refined, as Host, Director, etc. I understand I can use Value Suggest to implement MARC Relators (Relator Code and Term List -- Term Sequence: MARC 21 Source Codes (Network Development and MARC Standards Office, Library of Congress)). But Value Suggest only gives me the option to fill a value with the word “director” or “Host.” I need to put an item in my database as a value (the name of the director) and then specify his or er role (as director). Does anyone have an idea how this can be done?

Thanks.

One option is to use a value annotation to qualify a creator/contributor value using dcterms:type. So, while editing a “TV show” item, you’d set dcterms:creator to the director item, then annotate that value as a dcterms:type “Director”.

Another option is to find a vocabulary that contains your specific properties in Linked Open Vocabularies.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.