Limiting browse preview to selected item sets

I am new user of Omeka S and am creating a public site for the first time. Is it possible to create a navigation menu for the public site in which there are multiple “Browse Item Sets,” each with its own customized label, and then to relate particular item sets to that menu item? For example, could I create a new page, select the browse preview block, choose item sets as the resource type, and create a query that retrieved only the item sets I want to associate with that page? I haven’t been able to do that using the query approach suggested in the manual, but I may be conducting the search incorrectly.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Just to clarify, do you want these multiple browse pages to each browse a specific group of item sets or to browse the items within specific sets?

The latter - browse a group of item sets (in a way that allows users to click on each set and see the items in it). Perhaps it is a “Collections” feature like this: http://dpanther03new.fiu.edu/omeka-s/s/african-american-aids-history-project/page/home-page. I haven’t been able to find information on Collections in the manual, but I may have missed it.

I believe the site you link to was originally built in Omeka Classic, which has collections. When they moved it over, they continued to use the “collections” language - those are actually item sets. I’m not sure what block(s) they’re using, or if that’s a restyled Browse Item Sets page.

Thank you. I thought that might be the case. Is it possible to create a query for Browse Item Sets or Browse Preview block that retrieves a selection of item sets assigned to a site as Resources? This would allow us to group similar sets together and to link to each of the groups on the navigation bar.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.