Issue with Universal Viewer

Hello,
I followed the documentation and this tutorial in particular to view images with the Universal Viewer inside a test omeka page. The universal viewer div is shown, but it’s blank. The console error shown is:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
new-photographs:1 Uncaught (in promise) SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0
at JSON.parse ()
at Function.t.parse (uv.js?v=3.6.4.4:4)
at Object.create (uv.js?v=3.6.4.4:5)
at n._loaded (uv.js?v=3.6.4.4:8)
at uv.js?v=3.6.4.4:8
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for http://192.168.43.73/modules/UniversalViewer/asset/vendor/uv/lib/shim.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

What could be the issue in this case?
Thank you in advance

For us, we ran into a blank screen/JSON issue when loading Font Awesome via their JavaScript kit. After removing FA, UV started working. You might check for any JS that might be causing a conflict. Another time, we resolved an issue by completely removing the UV plugin from the Omeka directory and re-downloading.

Thank you, I’ve tried both but without success. I’m just guessing, but it could an issue related to some errors in the item definition. I’ll try again!

Here, a 500 error means it’s a backend issue. Do you have log for it?

Try add a “#” to your url: /uv.html#?manifest=

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.