Installing Omeka-S Themes in Beta

Are the themes in omeka-s-themes · GitHub available for installation to the most recent Omeka-S beta release? I installed Omeka-S v1.0.0-beta4 in my development environment but am having trouble installing these extra themes.

I downloaded the .zip files from Github, extracted them, and uploaded them to the omeka-s/themes directory. Then I went to the omeka-s/admin/site/s/site-name/theme page, enabled a new theme (i.e. Center Row, etc.), then clicked save.

When I go to the site, it says

Omeka S encountered an error

Zend\ServiceManager\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException
A plugin by the name “lang” was not found in the plugin manager Zend\View\HelperPluginManager

Details:

Zend\ServiceManager\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException: A plugin by the name “lang” was not found in the plugin manager Zend\View\HelperPluginManager in /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/AbstractPluginManager.php:131
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(376): Zend\ServiceManager\AbstractPluginManager->get(‘lang’, NULL)
#1 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(394): Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->plugin(‘lang’)
#2 /var/www/html/omeka-s/themes/centerrow/view/layout/layout.phtml(3): Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->__call(‘lang’, Array)
#3 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(505): include(‘/var/www/html/o…’)
#4 /var/www/html/omeka-s/index.php(33): Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->render(NULL)
#5 {main}

Here are my specs:
Ubuntu 16.04
Apache 2.4.18
MySQL 5.7.19
PHP 7.0.22

Did you use the official release (zip) or the git version?
Anyway, try to run “gulp deps” from the root of Omeka S.

In fact, there was a lot new stuff for multilanguages in the last commits and there is an issue here. You may use an older theme version.

I installed Omeka S from the ZIP file.

And since I did that, I don’t have Gulp. I only see references to Gulp from the Git installation instructions.

Should I install Gulp, or install an earlier theme version?

The ZIP should already include all the things that Gulp does, so an earlier version of the theme might be your better bet. New ZIP versions of the themes and modules are coming soon, which are all designed to make sure that those addons line up correctly with Omeka S core.

Installing the 1.0.0-beta2 versions of the themes resolved the problem. Thanks!