Install issue -public sites not viewable

Hello, My IT department upgraded our Omeka-S to the latest version and now the public side of the sites are not viewable. I get the following language “Omeka-S encountered an error” when I try to view the public side but there is no error code. We are not sure what is causing the error in the install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you make the change in the first bullet point from this manual page, the actual error message should be displayed, which should help you figure out what’s going on. You can also post the message here and we can see if we can help.

Thanks John. This is the error that is appearing. Exception
The current theme is not active. Its current state is “invalid_omeka_version”.

Details:

Exception: The current theme is not active. Its current state is “invalid_omeka_version”. in /home/omeka-s/public_html/application/src/Mvc/MvcListeners.php:328

Stack trace:

#0 /home/omeka-s/public_html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Omeka\Mvc\MvcListeners->preparePublicSite(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))

#1 /home/omeka-s/public_html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))

#2 /home/omeka-s/public_html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(311): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))

#3 /home/omeka-s/public_html/index.php(21): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()

#4 {main}

What theme are you using? It’s saying it doesn’t support the current version of Omeka S you’re using.

You probably just need to update the theme.

We are using Omeka S so we have many sites on the main platform. I suppose this means there is a site within our platform using an out of date theme? Or update the themes?

I just went into the individual sites and this is the error This theme requires Omeka S ^1.1.0. We had updated to the latest version of Omeka-S when this happened. All of the themes are showing grayed out.

Yeah, you just need to update those themes.

You have old themes from before you updated, and they just need to get updated as well to support the newer version of the Omeka S core you have installed. If they’re all reporting the same issue then they just all need to be upgraded.

Thanks John. So that is part of the install update for the new version of Omeka-S? We are on a university server so I am conveying this info to our ITS staff.

Yeah, pretty much. The Omeka S zip comes with an updated “default” theme, but it’s generally a good idea to update themes when you’re updating the core. This is basically the same as for modules.

Got it-thanks for all your help John.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.