Images being blocked on item pages

Hi all,

We are having an issue where most users have images on their item pages (not all images, just some) disappear after a second when they open the page. We suspect that the issue is that those images are being rendered by the new seadragon.js and then being blocked by add-blockers. An example of this can be seen on our demo sites by clicking the raccoon image.

https://exhibits.library.brocku.ca/s/dsldemo_03/page/image-blocks

This does not happen on Cozy Theme but does on all others.

Any insight into this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Well, I see the image disappearing from the slider, but I don’t think it’s related to ad blockers.

There are Javascript errors on that page coming from both the “lightslider” component and OpenSeadragon. I don’t know if this is a bad interaction between OpenSeadragon and the slider, or something else.

I assume you’re using some module(s) to achieve this output that override how images are displayed?

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. We use IIF Server, Universal Viewer, PDF Embed, and Image Server. When we updated to 3.0, Image Server had to be set as main and the rest as backup. Do you know which one of these is the culprit?

Thanks,

Daniel

I’m not very familiar with the IIIF/Image Server/Universal Viewer plugins, but my guess would be it’s related to one of them? PDF Embed would only apply to PDFs.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.