IIIF source files not found

Hi All,

I’m trying to implement IIIF on an Omeka S hosted instance using the IIIF / Image Server and Universal Viewer Modules. UV works with A/V and PDFs as expected and I’m seeing all of the right buttons in the Media Creation section but no matter how I try to create tiles either using bulk tiler, clicking the tile button in MC or choosing tiler as a new media import I receive the same error:

2020-09-17T12:28:50+00:00 ERR (3): Omeka\Job\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: The media file to tile cannot be found. in /var/www/html/modules/ImageServer/src/Job/Tiler.php:26
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/application/src/Job/DispatchStrategy/Synchronous.php(34): ImageServer\Job\Tiler->perform()
#1 /var/www/html/application/src/Job/Dispatcher.php(105): Omeka\Job\DispatchStrategy\Synchronous->send(Object(Omeka\Entity\Job))
#2 /var/www/html/application/data/scripts/perform-job.php(43): Omeka\Job\Dispatcher->send(Object(Omeka\Entity\Job), Object(Omeka\Job\DispatchStrategy\Synchronous))
#3 {main}

I believe all of the applicable configs are pointing to the S3 so I’m at a loss. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Any tips would be appreciated.

If your files are stored on Amazon, you may need the module Amazon S3, but you may have a specific host server, so I’m not sure.

Daniel,
We have the S3 module installed and it is serving all of our other assets correctly, including A/V and PDF through Universal Viewer. When trying to access a still image through UV it returns the error “can’t get image dimensions” which I suspect is due to the images not being properly prepped (tiled, manifest, json created).

To build the manifests, the module should know the size of the image (and duration of audio/video). They are not saved anywhere, and when the file is inside a bucket, the module cannot determine them. That’s why in the last version, I have added a job to save the dimension and the duration in the data of each media. You can bulk create them in the config of the module:

But not sure if it is enough.

And the module AmazonS3 was designed to be able to get this size and to build tiles even on a bucket server.

Daniel,

I installed the latest version of the module and ran the Bulk Sizer on our collection and it was able to add the size info which allows the thumbnail to appear in UV, eliminating the “size error”. However, I’m still getting the source file not found error when trying to create tiles for new or existing objects and displaying the spinning boxes where the main image should appear in UV.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.