Iiif on Omeka.net (Omeka S)

We’ve been trying to create a site with Iiif resources Omeka S on omeka.net, but not been able to get it to work. Our issue is that Universal Viewer only ever delivers the large thumbnail, no matter what we do, while the browse view of items delivers the zoomable original using open sea dragon with no issue. We think it looks like Omeka isn’t embedding it with correct settings. Anyone else found this, have an idea of what we are doing wrong or -even better - any suggestions for what we can do to fix it? We’re using IIIF Server version 3.6.5.3, Image Server version 3.6.8.3 and Universal Viewer version 3.6.4.4.

We’re experiencing a similar issue with trying to get IIIF to work on our site. It isn’t limited to Universal Viewer, it looks like any IIIF viewer (including a viewer hosted on an external site) will only load a thumbnail. It also fails to load a pre-tiled Deep Zoom image, and appears to be regenerating the tiles every time the image is requested. The integrated open seadragon viewer works without any issues. Maybe it’s an issue with the IIIF manifest that is being generated? If anyone has a solution they can share, we would appreciate it!

@Daniel_KM is the creator of the modules in question here and could probably speak to any issues better than I can. That being said, I would imagine the problem is either that the wrong manifest (and or Image API info.json) is being used (i.e., one that does not contain the tiling information) or that the manifest is the correct one but is just omitting the tiling for some reason. Or something along those lines.

My understanding is that the OpenSeadragon viewer used for tiled images created by ImageServer doesn’t itself use IIIF, so when that’s working and the IIIF stuff isn’t, the problem should lie somewhere in the manifests.